If you have installed your OS and entered your Product Key, you can change it if you want. You can use either Windows Activation Wizard Graphical User Interface (GUI) or Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) script. The method of Activation Wizard is easier but Script method is better if you want to change the Product Key for multiple computers.
Method 1: Regedit
- Click the “Start” button in the bottom left corner, then click “Run”.
- Type “Regedit” in the white text field and click on “Ok”. Registry the editor will be opened.
- Navigate to the following Registry Key. Hkey_local_machine\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Current Version\WPAEvents
- Right click on ‘OOBETimer’, in the Registry key then click ‘Modify’.
- Change one or more digits randomly with anything.
- Click on “start” and then on “Run”
- Paste ‘%systemroot%\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /a’, in the white text field.
- Select ‘Yes, I want to telephone a customer service representative to activate Windows’. Then click “Next”.
- Click on “Change Product key”
- Type your new product key in the small white text fields and then click “Update”.
- Check if you get a message similar to ‘You have successfully activated your copy of Windows’ if you’ve received it then restart your computer, and you’re done!
- Make sure you are connected to the internet in this whole process.
Method 2: Windows Product Key Updater
- Download the Windows Key Updater Tool.
- Run the “.exe” file
- Click on “Next”. This tool will scan your system to check if any error exists. Wait for the scan to be finished.
- Type the New product key.
- Restart your computer. This will allow the changes to come in the form completely. You might be required to activate your system again.
Reach us via Product Key of Windows XP
For the instant and right support on every Product Key activation issues, you can make a call right away on Activation product Key Support Number available 24*7 and provides 99% customer satisfaction with the help of certified technicians.